Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Back To Blogging!

It's been nearly a year since I last posted. In that year, I've learned that I'm not great (good...but not great) at multi-tasking, so posting had to take a back seat to other endeavors. I do, however, have a few wonderful reasons for being away from the blog. For about 7 years now, I've been a contributing writer to
Starting with their current issue -- January/February 2013,
I actually have my own "column"  with them --
"4" x 4" & Fabulous!"!! In each issue, I'll present a project that will offer BIG results from one of your smallest hoops -- the 4" x 4" hoop. Just because your machine may not include the industry's biggest hoops doesn't mean you can't get a LOT of bang for your small-hoop buck!!
"Happy Hearts Pillow" is this month's project and you can get the embroidery files
**FREE** on the Designs web site.
"Happy Hearts Pillow"
4" x 4" & Fabulous!
______________________________________________


In addition, for a good part of the year, I was working on my first book (!). Designs in Machine Embroidery magazine has just begun their sewing/craft book division and contracted with me to be one of their first authors. My book is due out later this month and I couldn't be more excited!! It's a project-based machine embroidery book for stitchers who love to create boutique-style items for little girls. Here are a few hints at what's included:
 

 When I have more info about my book's launch, I'll post it here. I promise to try to be a good, consistent and informative blogger -- I just LOVE sharing my passion for sewing and embroidery!! So stay tuned!!
Happy Stitching!!
Jo  :)

No comments: