Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Backtracking A Bit

I had an article in the previous (Dec/Nov 2012) issue of Designs in Machine Magazine -- "Chic Chandeliers". The project was for glitzy, glimmery felt holiday decorations that look like-- you guessed it -- chandeliers. I hadn't seen my copy yet when I received an email congratulating me for having made the cover of the magazine. I was thrilled beyond belief and couldn't wait to see it myself.

 
Then...a few days later, I received a large, flat cardboard package and couldn't remember ordering anything big and flat. When I opened it, it was a "my" cover, blown up and mounted on art board, suitable for framing. My managing editor, Denise Holguin thought to do this and it was just the most fun, unexpected, amazing gift ever!
 
 
We've just started house hunting and my basement sewing room (2x4 studs and a cement floor) won't do it justice, so it is being "saved", to be the first decorating piece to go in my new studio. I can't wait to hang it up!!
 

2 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats! Very nice too! I am definitely getting that!!!!

Jo Connolly said...

Thank you, Erin!