Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Friendship Pillows and Little Friends

Today I was able to spend my time doing one of my most favorite sewing activities -- teaching kids to sew. My oldest daughter is an elementary school teacher. She asked me if I could come in and share my love of sewing with her kids. Well, of course I could! We did it last year and it was a hit. We worked in two groups and the kids just amazed me. Each and every one of them was interested, respectful and polite. We made "friendship pillows" -- a baseball theme for the boys and pink hearts for the girls. I embroidered felt patches with the kids' names on them and had them hand-stitch the patches in place in the center of the pillow tops. I took the pillow tops to the machine and quickly stitched the back on. Back to the kids to stuff and then back to me to close them up. My daughter and I chose to make the pillow backs out of white cotton so that the kids could autograph each others' creations.


The kids had a ball, I had a blast and it was just THE best way to spend a sunny Spring day!! Can't wait to do it again next year!!

No comments: