Thursday, April 10, 2014

Back in the Blogging Saddle

About a year ago, I wrote a post about how I hadn't written a post in almost a year. Well...it has happened again. I guess I'm not as good at the blogging thing as I hoped I would be! I look around the web and see amazingly beautiful blogs full of gorgeous photography and want to have a blog like that, but I now realize that that's beyond my capabilities. My strength lies in my stitching and I just love sharing my passion for machine embroidery and sewing with other like-minded creative souls. So I will stick to what I know best and I will not make a promise I can't keep. I will, instead, do my best to keep up with this and share informative and hopefully inspiring posts to stay connected to my dear, fellow stitchers.

So where have I been? Well, I was in Denver this past fall to film my very first online machine embroidery class for Craftsy.com. "Machine Embroidered Applique" is the title and the subject matter. I was given the opportunity to design five fun projects and share them as "lessons" in my own "homeroom" on Crafty's wonderfully robust learning platform. Take a peek and see what you can stitch with me. :)
www.craftsy.com/ext/embroideredapp_fp


I continue on as a columnist at Designs in Machine Embroidery magazine. I LOVE sharing my work through their publication! My column is called "4" x 4" and Fabulous!" and each month, my goal is to offer a project, that while stitched in a small hoop, provides big impact and a real "Wow!" factor. One of my favorite projects was my "Linked In To Style" purse. The "links" that make up the front embellishment are stitched in a 4" x 4" hoop. I was SO excited when I saw that it had made the cover of that issue!
Designs In Machine Embroidery September/October 2013
 
I'll be posting embroidery tips, tricks, projects, giveaways and fun, so please check back. :)
 
Happy stitching!!
Jo  :)



2 comments:

lcbago said...

I just bought the .pes files of the Linked in to style purse, and I am in the process of finishing the links very soon. So excited to see what my bag would look like!

Jo Connolly said...

Thanks SO much for your purchase! I'd love to see a picture of your finished creation!!